Theia is an extensible platform to develop full-fledged multi-language Cloud & Desktop IDE-like products with state-of-the-art web technologies.
- Establish a platform to build IDE-like products
- Provide the end-user with a full-fledged multi-language IDE (not just a smart editor)
- Support equally the paradigm of Cloud IDE and Desktop IDE
- Provide support for multiple languages via the language and debug server protocols
Read below to learn how to take part in improving Theia:
- Fork the repository and run the examples from source
- Get familiar with the development workflow, Coding Guidelines, Code of Conduct and learn how to sign your work
Find an issue to work on and submit a pull request
- First time contributing to open source? Pick a good first issue to get you familiar with GitHub contributing process.
- First time contributing to Theia? Pick a beginner friendly issue to get you familiar with codebase and our contributing process.
- Want to become a Committer? Solve an issue showing that you understand Theia objectives and architecture. Here is a good list to start.
- Could not find an issue? Look for bugs, typos, and missing features.
Read below how to engage with Theia community:
- Join the discussion on Discourse.
- Ask a question, request a new feature and file a bug with GitHub issues.
- Star the repository to show your support.
- Follow Theia on Twitter.